Life’s ordeals can sometimes block, overwhelm and deplete us. Difficult moments whereby we go through crises, trauma, transitions, pandemics that can lead us to experience anxiety, loss and isolation can be hard to share, and some of us feel resistance to talk about it even with those closest to us.
Psychotherapy and counselling provide a safe space whereby trained professionals help us to deal with these situations whilst helping us identify our personal strengths in order to grow into the persons we choose to become. Throughout this journey we can develop more self-knowledge and awareness of our thoughts, emotions, body and behaviours. We also become aware of some creative adjustments we adopted as children that might not be useful for us any longer as adults. Thus we then have choices and tools to change how we think, behave and feel resulting in a more purposeful, freer life.
We can help when you are:
- wanting to understand yourself better and live a more purposeful life
- going through major life changes, personal or career wise
- feeling anxiety or depression
- feeling overwhelmed, stressed or burnt out
- experiencing bullying
- dealing with procrastinating and not reaching realistic goals
- having difficulty setting healthy boundaries and being assertive
- dealing with emotional, physical or sexual abuse
- experiencing low confidence and self-esteem
- having difficulty making decisions, maintaining focus and motivation
- dealing with bereavement
- having some form of dependency
- dealing with anger issues
- dealing with health issues
- feeling blocked by shame and guilt
- having obsessive thoughts or compulsive behavior
- having relationship difficulties
- struggling with some areas of your sexual life
- coming to terms or questioning your sexual or gender identity
We offer both short-term and open ended therapy as well as coaching.
We love this quote by Yung Pueblo
They asked her, “How do you know the healing is working?”
“When your mind is no longer governed by the past and when you feel peace in situations where you used to feel tension. You more easily connect with joy and happily use boundaries to protect your well-being. The healing is real when your mind feels lighter and loving yourself becomes more natural.”
Sessions are usually 50 to 60mins long. In some cases the therapist and client can agree to have longer sessions. Sessions are usually held weekly or fortnightly and this is decided in the first session and reviewed periodically. Confidentiality and data protection will also be discussed in the first session.
When you decide to contact us for your first appointment via email, website, phone or Facebook page we will require some information on what you would like to tackle in therapy or coaching together with your availability. This way an experienced therapist in this particular field will contact you and offer you an appointment at a time which is convenient to both. If you have to cancel a session please inform the said therapist by phone, sms or email at least 24 hrs in advance, otherwise you will have to pay for the agreed session.
With the onset of COVID-19, online therapy is slowly gaining popularity. We offer both face-to-face psychotherapy as well as online for those who find it easier and safer. For some, the thought of communicating through video conference might at first give rise to some anxiety, however it is important to appreciate that this therapy is just as effective as the face-to-face sessions for both individuals and couples. Thus you can continue your sessions uninterrupted from the comfort of your own home at a time which is convenient for you.
Online therapy could be a good option for you: